I'm trying to play this game online with a friend but it does not seem to work. Either the game crashes or only one is capable of moving.
groupthink - a multiplayer puzzle game
A downloadable game for Windows
Can you find the way out? Dozens of mind bending puzzles for single player and multiplayer.
groupthink: laser redirecting, teleporter holes, button pushing, sokoban-esque box shoving, and occasional races against time make groupthink a unique experience for puzzle gamers.
This game is in beta and is free, any feedback or optional payment is appreciated.
Over 120 puzzles and many more on the way:
* 40 single player puzzles with weekly updates on Monday and Thursday!
* Dozens of challenging multiplayer puzzles specifically designed for 2, 3, or 4 players.
* Build puzzles for friends and other grouthink players with the built in map builder system used to design all of the official maps.
* Compatible with XBOX 360 controllers plus three keyboard players.
* Play on one computer with friends and controllers or create/join a server for online or network play
NEW to version 0.50
* Network play
* Players can now move on diagonals.
* Box pushing system reworked, allowing players to pull boxes in any direction, not just forward/back.
* Fixed a few network bugs, added a quick start guide for network multiplayer
|Tags||2D, Casual, Co-op, Local Co-Op, Local multiplayer, Multiplayer, portal, Singleplayer, sokoban|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller|
|Multiplayer||Local multiplayer, Server-based networked multiplayer|
|Player count||1 - 4|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Hi Space, I'm hoping you can give me a little more information.
groupthink requires port forwarding to work online, did you do that?
If you successfully got port forwarding set up, could you both connect to the server? You'll know that your friend and you are both connected to the server since you'll both be seeing the same map after a connection is completed.
All controls for network play use the up/down/left/right arrows for movement and space for actions so if one of you is trying to use WASD or any other customized controls then you won't be doing anything in the game.
You're the first person to mention problems with groupthink online so thanks for the feedback and I hope I can help you. Thanks for your interest in my game!
Since my router does not seem to allow port forwarding I use a program called radmin vpn to get around this problem. I have used it with many other games and it works perfectly.
When my friend connects nothing appears to happen at the game itself, but I see at the LOVE console "player 1has connected".
I also tried opening a second instance to connect to my own server. Using 127.0.0.1 crashes the game. Using the local network ip puts me in a empty level with 2 players and no walls.
Really good ! Multiplayer is fun !